Nifty’s goal is to bring NFTs to the mainstream and we’re proud to present a diverse and inclusive portfolio of art and artists. With our latest artist drop, Nifty’s is centering the stories and lives of LGBTQ+ creatives, just in time for Pride Month. Queer creatives from the arts, music, and fashion worlds are taking center stage at Nifty’s this month with This Other Eden. This new limited-edition digital portraits series, released for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee 2022, features stunning images and video by British photographer Luke Nugent.
This Other Eden is the brainchild of the creative studio, Temporal Shift in association with Palm NFT Studio and Nifty’s. Temporal Shift is a new creative studio and cultural platform, founded by Jim Warboy and Fayann Smith, harnessing groundbreaking technology to power innovative creative direction and production. Inspired by legendary English artist, filmmaker, and gay rights activist Derek Jarman’s cult classic film Jubilee (1978), a now iconic cinematic reaction to the spectacle of state jubilation, the This Other Eden collection celebrates the creative force of queer culture in the UK in 2022.
“This Other Eden documents another kind of royalty, the innovators of queer creativity, a force that so often informs the zeitgeist, but whose heroes remain unsung,” said Jim Warboy and Fayann Smith of Temporal Shift
The series features 26 video portraits of LGBTQ+ creatives and allies. Model and activist, Munroe Bergdorf, beauty influencer and performer, The Plastic Boy, upcoming DJ and child of Fatboy Slim and Zoe Ball, Woody Cook, and DJ Fat Tony, are just some of the cultural trailblazers taking part in the project.
With 50% of the proceeds from the sale to be donated to The Outside Project, the first permanent community center and shelter for homeless LGBTIQ+ individuals, the series will not only showcase the cultural trailblazers taking part in the project, but will assist individuals in the queer community impacted by homelessness and domestic abuse.
“The LGBTIQ+ community needs to have secure identity responsive spaces on the city map that aren't just connected to nightlife, and our organization seeks to support the creation of basic housing and healthcare provisions for our community,” said Carla Ecola, Director of The Outside Project.
What you need to know:
- The NFTs will be available for purchase starting June 9.
- The limited edition portraits will be sold at prices ranging from $40 to $5,000.
- Primary sale buyers of all portraits, with the exception of the $40 portrait of Bestley, will be sent a physical Gicleé print of this work.
- Primary sale buyers will be contacted by Temporal Shift to arrange shipping. Please allow additional time for shipping and delivery of the print.
- The pieces will also be exhibited on the evening of June 9 at a London gallery.
- Because the NFTS will be minted on the Palm network, minting each NFT will only require the same amount of energy as sending three emails, fulfilling the creators’ requirement that This Other Eden be environmentally sustainable.
This Other Eden joins Nifty’s growing portfolio of Featured Artists, ranging from emerging creators to world-class artists. Dive into the world of NFTs and art and start expanding your art collection!