Common Canvas - Spanky NFTs:
For Nifty's first Common Canvas event, our first curator is artist and professional skateboarder Kevin “Spanky” Long. He’s brought on a group of 6 additional multidisciplinary artists to showcase their work in a new medium.
Those artists are:
Common Canvas artists have supplied original artwork which our creative agency partner, Icon Technology Studio. Icon Technology Studio has taken and applied motion graphics onto a 3D skateboard in both the traditional design and the skateboard itself.
You can view our Common Canvas Spanky event by heading to the event's page here.
What are the details of the skateboard designs?
- There will be a total of 8 Skateboard designs where each NFT/design will have music associated with it. The music is composed by composer Chris Farren, while Alex Olson's piece will have his own audio.
- There will be 7 Skateboard NFTs sold in editions of 100 at $500 each.
- 1 Skateboard NFT will be sold at auction. We'll be providing more information on how auctions work soon!
How can I purchase/participate in the Common Canvas - Spanky event?
Starting on September 21st, there will be a total of 700 NFTs, which equates to 100 available per artist. The price will be $500 and can be purchased directly on Nifty's.
- For the initial purchasing event, on September 21st - you can purchase with our purchasing partner Stripe through your Credit or Debit card.
- For purchases on the secondary market (Nifty's marketplace) all transactions will be conducted with DAI. You can purchase DAI either through Wyre directly on Nifty's or by using the token bridge on Palm.
- Also beginning on September 21st at 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST will be an auction for 1 Skateboard NFT designed by Common Canvas Curator Kevin "Spanky" Long.
- The auction will last for 24 hours and will end on Wednesday, September 22nd, 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST
- Auctions will be conducted/bids will be able to be placed by using DAI. Once again, you can purchase DAI either through Wyre directly on Nifty's ($1,000 per transaction and $7,500 per card per day limit) or by using the token bridge on Palm. If purchasing on the bridge, it's recommended you purchase in advance as the transfer can take some time.
Is there a physical redemption with the Spanky event?
Yes! The holder of the NFT will also receive a physical skateboard if held in their wallet by October 31st at 11:59 PM EST. To recap:
In order to receive the physical skateboard, you must have the NFT in your wallet by
October 31st 11:59 PM EST
The boards will begin to be shipped shortly thereafter and additional details will follow!