So you're ready to purchase/sell on Nifty's - awesome! In this article, we'll explain what KYC verification is and when you will need it, and its usages.
What is Nifty's Identity Verification (KYC) and when will I need to complete it?
KYC, or Know Your Customer, refers to the verification process that you will go through in order to verify your identity. Nifty's uses KYC verification in order to ensure safe activity is taking place on Nifty's.
KYC is required to sell or purchase anything on Nifty's over $10,000
What's required when completing a KYC?
In order for the KYC process to be completed, you'll need to be sure you have the following available:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Phone number.
- A copy of your legal documents, such as an ID or a passport.
What are the steps for KYC?
- Head to niftys.com
- After login, click Profile -> Identity Verification-> Start Identity Verification:
- You'll then begin the steps of the verification process by selecting which form of identity you'd like to use. Eventually, you will be brought to a screen asking if you'd like to proceed forward on mobile or desktop:
- Please note that IF you are preparing to proceed forward on mobile, a desktop is STILL required. You'll be brought to a screen that prompts you to send a code to your mobile device either by QR code scan or by sending a link to your email:
- Once you've successfully made it through the verification process, you will be presented with a screen on your status of verification! Typically verification time is anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes but can sometimes take longer. If you received the following, your verification has been processed and confirmed:
What if my verification failed?
Please connect with us with your Nifty's username and we'll be happy to look into the reason for your failed verification and help!